Pores play an important role in maintaining the health of your skin. They act as natural drains that carry natural oil and sweat to the surface. Like other drains, problems arise when the drains become clogged, and their normal flow is slowed or stopped. This can cause the pores to become enlarged, infected, or inflamed- usually showing up as acne. Here’s what you should know about enlarged pores, and how to minimize their appearance.
Types of Pores
There are two types of pore: oil pores and sweat pores.
If you have enlarged pores, you are likely referring to oil pores. Oil pores are responsible for carrying oil to the surface of the skin. This helps keep your skin hydrated, and supple.
Sweat pores, on the other hand, are responsible for producing sweat. Sweat is essential for cooling your body. These pores are tiny and difficult to see with the naked eye.
Reasons Why Pores Before Enlarged
Pores can become enlarged due to a variety of reasons, including:
- Clogged. Pores can clog with dirt, oil, sebum, and other debris. Regardless of what clogs them, this can enlarge their appearance.
- Over-washing. Although washing your face regularly can reduce the chances of your pores clogging, over-washing can have the opposite effect. To avoid over-washing, aim to cleanse your skin no more than twice per day. Prior to washing, make sure to remove our makeup completely.
- Genes. Genes are another factor that can affect pore-size. Those with oily or combination skin tend to have larger pores to accommodate their naturally higher level of oil production.
- Skin Products. Skin products can also affect the size of your pores. Some products can clog and worsen enlarged pores. Other products have irritants and ingredients that increase skin inflammation. This can also lead to large pores.
- Sun. The sun is another cause for larger pores. For this reason, it’s important to protect your skin from the sun. Avoid the sun during the warmest times of the day, and apply sunscreen every time you leave the house to help prevent the sun from enlarging your pores.
Treatments that Can Help with Enlarged Pores
Newport Face N Body offers a variety of skin care treatments can help reduce the size of your pores, here are a few:
1. Signature Facial
Facial to help fix large poresFacial to help fix large pores
Our Signature Facials gently exfoliate the skin and restore its balance by cleansing, steaming, and extracting blackheads and blemishes as needed. By re-balancing the skin, facials can also help control oil production, and remove dry skin that could potentially clog pores.
2. Diamond Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion to help fix large poresMicrodermabrasion to help fix large pores
Diamond microdermabrasion can exfoliate the skin to open the pores and reduce pore size. By gently exfoliating the outer layer of the skin and simultaneously sucking up dead skin cells, and other pore-clogging debris, diamond microdermabrasion can reduce the size of pores.
Microneedling to fix enlarged pores irvine medspaMicroneedling to fix enlarged pores irvine medspa
Microneedling can be extremely effective at reducing pore size. Microneedling involves the use of small needles that puncture the skin. The body reacts to the “injury” created by the needles by producing more collage. This helps restore the treatment area, and the new skin is younger, smoother and the after a few treatments, the pores are noticeably smaller.
4. LED Light Facial
LED light facial for enlarged poresLED light facial for enlarged pores
Light Emitting Diode (LED) emits therapeutic wavelengths of light energy that rejuvenate the skin. It works by causing the cells in the dermis to convert the wavelength to ATP. The cells them use the ATP to produce collagen. This causes the skin to look plumper, and pores become less visible.
6. Chemical Peel
Chemical peels treat enlarge pores at irvine med spaChemical peels treat enlarge pores at irvine med spa
Chemical peels can be another option for reducing pore size. Chemical peels are topical treatments that create and even and controlled shedding of the skin. Once the skin sheds, a new, smoother layer revealed.
7. Enzyme Peel
Enzyme peel to fix enlarged poresEnzyme peel to fix enlarged pores
Enzyme peels can be great for minimizing pores. They work by eliminating the dead cells that can clog the pores, causing them to appear larger.
8. Micro-current Facial
A microcurrent facial, also reffed to as a natural face lift, can be incredibly effective at tightening pores. It works by emitting extremely low-voltage electrical currents. that mirror your own body’s currents. This increases collagen production, improves blood circulation, and increases elastin.
Treating Enlarged Pores at Newport Face N Body
Are you struggling with enlarged pores? Newport Face N Body can help. We offer many skin care treatments that can reduce the size and health of your pores. Schedule a consultation today to see which treatment is best for your skin.